Oracle Team USA hosted a meeting with four of the teams who have entered the
35th America’s Cup or plan to by the 8th August 2014; Luna Rossa, Artemis
Racing, Team France and Ben Ainslie Racing.
A positive meeting saw a number of points debated, the key
points agreed between all parties present were:
• Regular meetings encompassing all teams in order to work
collectively to maximize the potential of both this America’s Cup and future
• Each team plan to host an America’s Cup World Series event
in either their own country, or a country of their choice.
• All the teams present agreed that they would commit – if
they were to win the Cup in 2017 – to continue with the America’s Cup World
• A commitment to further reduce the costs for both this Cup
and future editions.
• Support for the choice of host venue, be it Bermuda or San
• A working group to agree on the date and event structure of
the 36th America’s Cup, to lay the foundations for a sustainable event.
Additional Links and Info:
European Challengers' Statement Affirming Commitment to 2017